Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Why I Love Being Vivi's Mom

1) She calls squares "crackers" and triangles "chips"
2) She has randomly started adding "ee" to the end of words/names (i.e. cheese is cheesy, phone is phony, Alec is Ahkee, Anna is Annie, Pop is Poppie, etc.)
3) She goes to Rob's closet almost every day and emerges with a tennis racket pretending to play tennis saying/asking "tenni Daddy?"
4) She calls the shower "water high" and insists on "water high" every time she takes a bath.
5) She calls every gray-haired man with a baseball cap on "Pop/Poppie"
6) She has started referring to herself in the third person ("Vivi fall", "Vivi sad", "Vivi run"
7) She calls the Halloween skeleton in Trader Joe's "Foony Eye" (funny eye)
8) She knows and asks for EVERYONE by name including all of our friends at church, music group, our neighbors, etc. My favorite is to hear her ask for our Hungarian neighbor Mikilosh. "Where Beekohsh go, mama?"
9) She calls chicken "kitchen".
10)She lectures any inanimate object that "hurt her" (i.e. that she runs into). It's not uncommon to see her bump into the corner of the table and then proceed to glare at it while simultaneously stating "no, no, no!" She then rufuses to be consoled until I lecture the table as well ("don't hurt Vivian anymore!")

5 comments:

Meredith said...

This is so cute and funny!

Hope we get to see you guys when you are here!

Anonymous said...

You ARE alive!!! I was beginning to wonder. I was excited to see your posts! I love being able to catch up on how and what Vivi is doing. I really wish we lived a little bit closer to each other. Maybe someday...?

Anonymous said...

Cool background!

The Preece Family said...

That list was too cute! She's such a doll, and I think this is such a great age for kids. The cutest is definitely when they add "ee" to the end of every word...

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

She is so cute & so grown up! Fun to see new pictures of her! I think it is hilarious that she calls squares crackers and triangles chips! She is so smart to make that connection!