Saturday, February 28, 2009
Coming Home to One Happy Viv
My favorite thing about coming home from Mexico was seeing Viv again. Her reaction to our being back was priceless. I had been told by so many people that I shouldn't be surprised if, upon returning home from a week away, Vivian wouldn't come near me, let alone be excited I was back. While this made me a little hesitant to leave her, in the end, the thought of a much-needed break on th beach in Mexico seemed worth the risk. However, Viv totally suprised us! As we waited on the airport curb for my mom and Viv to pick us up, I began to feel a little nervous and preemtively sad that Viv wouldn't be anywhere near as excited to see me as I would be to finally see her. My mom pulls up and opens the door and the first thing I hear are Viv's eager squeals of delight, "Mommy! Daddy! (laugh, laugh) Mommy and Daddy not in Mexico! (squeal, squeal)." We got in the car and she could barely keep herself from jumping right out of her carseat into our laps. She had a perma-grin and couldn't stop joyously reminding us of the fact that we were home! It had to be one of the happiest moments I've had in a long time. I love this little girl! Consistently pleasantly surprising me with her capacity for sheer joy at life's little pleasures. She was equally happy to get her jewelry-containing rainbow purse we brought back as her souvenir.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment